Disponibile Android NDK revision 4
Con l’annuncio di Android Froyo 2.2 esce in concomitanza la revision 4 dell’NDK Android.
L’Android NDK è uno strumento simile all’SDK che permette di avere tutti gli strumenti per far funzionare il codice C sui dispositivi Android. La revision 4 contiene molti aggiornamenti:
- Provides a simplified build system through the new
- Adds support for easy native debugging of generated machine code on production devices through the new
- Adds a new Android-specific ABI for ARM-based CPU architectures,
armeabi-v7a. The new ABI extends the existing
armeabiABI to include these CPU instruction set extensions:
- Thumb-2 instructions
- VFP hardware FPU instructions (VFPv3-D16)
- Optional support for ARM Advanced SIMD (NEON) GCC intrinsics and VFPv3-D32. Supported by devices such as Verizon Droid by Motorola, Google Nexus One, and others.
- Adds a new
cpufeaturesstatic library (with sources) that lets your app detect the host device’s CPU features at runtime. Specifically, applications can check for ARMv7-A support, as well as VFPv3-D32 and NEON support, then provide separate code paths as needed.
- Adds a sample application,
hello-neon, that illustrates how to use the
cpufeatureslibrary to check CPU features and then provide an optimized code path using NEON instrinsics, if supported by the CPU.
- Lets you generate machine code for either or both of the instruction sets supported by the NDK. For example, you can build for both ARMv5 and ARMv7-A architectures at the same time and have everything stored to your application’s final
- To ensure that your applications are available to users only if their devices are capable of running them, Android Market now filters applications based on the instruction set information included in your application — no action is needed on your part to enable the filtering. Additionally, the Android system itself also checks your application at install time and allows the installation to continue only if the application provides a library that is compiled for the device’s CPU architecture.
- Adds support for Android 2.2, including a new stable API for accessing the pixel buffers of
Bitmapobjects from native code.
Per chi lo usa, buon developing :) Eccovi il link al download: Android NDK r4.